- RT @MissMoxy21: Its talent like @GoldFishLive and @goodlucklive that gives me faith that music isn't dead. #Musicisthesoul 5 hours ago
- RT @Saltwater__GIRL: A sneaky peek of a treat you're gonna get in the next issue... This girl rocks! @goodlucklive #anythingbutordinary htt… 9 hours ago
- ♫ Just Announced: Noordwijk, Netherlands - Jul 6 at Noordwijk Jazz Festival bandsintown.com/event/6647931?… 11 hours ago
- ♫ Just Announced: Den Helder, Netherlands - Jun 20 at Sail Den Helder bandsintown.com/event/6647926?… 11 hours ago
- Aww, too nice!! @Bry_Bry_SWG: Jules could be my new favourite person... On set for @Saltwater__GIRL shoot with @CraigKolesky" 11 hours ago
- Big thanks to Alisa for keepin Ben looking smart :) Santo would be proud! May 24, 2013
- 1 week until we hit EUROPE!! May 23, 2013
- Untitled May 22, 2013
- In our postbox this morning... Thank you whoever you are! #warmandfuzzy May 21, 2013
- NEW SINGLE... Announcement soon! May 20, 2013
Monthly Archives: March 2011
A STROKE OF LUCK:
It’s funny really, that a band with so much talent would be called Good Luck. Because it’s not really luck that’s got these three musos to where they are – igniting South African night skies with their jazzing beats- it’s more like a blend of serious sums of talent, plenty of groove and a helluva lot of passion. And their next plan? Taking over the dance floors of the world!
Having recorded and produced their self titled debut album, GoodLuck have launched into their biggest partnership to date; releasing this much anticipated record through South Africa’s top independent record label Just Music.
“Its an incredibly exciting time for us,” says Ben Peters – the acts producer, “to work with Just Music is a dream come true – we share the same vision for this album and working together on promoting it and getting it into the hands of our fans is proving to be a really rewarding experience!”
The album features 12 tracks written by the group and will be available in stores in April. “Recording this album has been such a fantastic journey for us and building on the success of our first single “Taking it Easy” is something we can’t wait to achieve!” says lead singer and songwriter Juliet Harding, “The response we’ve had to the song on radio has been mind blowing – we’re still quite in awe of how much people seem to love our music!”
With a string of achievements across the country – from opening for international super acts like Basement Jaxx and Paul Oakenfold, to performing alongside South African heavyweights Goldfish, Locnville, Zebra and Giraffe, Liquid Deep and Flash Republic to name a few, GoodLuck seem unstoppable!
“To see our album in stores is going to be an amazing achievement for us and to be working with a team as dedicated and passionate about our music as the guys at Just Music are – well that’s just the icing on the cake!” Peters says ecstatically.
Expect big things from this new development on the local music front – we could well be seeing the makings of another great SA global export!